Sunday, November 14, 2010

A mother was made -

Disclaimer(If anyone would like to comment to me about this poem, please do so via e-mail at mistyarizona@hotmail.com, as my personal life is very private, and although I draw from my life to write, I never reveal persons identities "and assumptions, you are right, are not very nice". I ask that you respect this, as I have respected, all that you have asked of me.) 

Something beautiful came my way – nine months later - on cold – winters day
Wrapped in linen – the world to see – the sin of love - that grew – inside of me
I labored long – and born the pain – for another woman – who would raise my seed
She who would see – this piece of me – grow and shine – from my womb – would be
She held tight – when I cried out in pain – the loss was mine – for her to gain
Little foot steps – raised far from - my sight – never knowing – my love – given not a gain
She paid her lot – I paid not the same – and gave another – my love – unselfishly – no matter the pain
Years they pass – and who’s to say – what mothers – love is – or how – it may be - kept at a far
Time does not heal – all pains you see – when one thinks – they have bought – the very core of me
If I had known – what I know today – that another felt – I beholden – because of fee – they did pay
Giving - my first love – would have been given to me – for my love holds - no cost - no fee
I have loved all - I hold near – I have never considered fee – a levy to life – giving without love – is not a fair price
So – you go on holding my love – at a cost – you go on holding her tight – at our loss
You have coveted my gift – and lied of me - I am sure – so never to lose – cause – you wanted her – yours - that she is – no one dare say not – because you have the receipt – and then you dared plot
To defile – a love - given not gained – you have distorted my love and made it pure shame
You have caused – this little one – to think badly of me – you have lied – so you may seem – that you are the better of me – and in this – she never will want – look for a love – given without gain but in agony and pain
Oh how my heart grieves – for you - not for me – for in my sin of love  – was given freely – and through your shame – of feeling less than me – you coveted my heart – and closed her away – from a mother who longs to hold her – if only just - once again
In saying this – I know it comes to mind – that I signed her away – so she is yours – not mine – for I am not the mother her – the signature is clear
So this is true and you are in the right – but don’t ever think I don’t care of her plight – I will always wonder – why she dare not look for me – and I know - now it is because thee
You lied and you twisted all that I am – so she would never dare to think she was loved even then – by a young girl – alone and afraid – who gave all that she had – and you a mother was made